Spotless is an international services company specialising in outsourced facility management, with revenue of $2.8 billion and operations in 30 countries.
Spotless employs 40,000 staff who deliver over 30 million service hours a year, into major industry sectors including: Health, Education, Leisure, Sport, Entertainment, Defence, Government, Retail, Commerce and Industry and Resources.
Spotless engaged InSight Systems to install a large feature display screen in the foyer area, a high quality boardroom video conferencing fit out, display solutions for a variety of meeting rooms and a combined training room with flexible partitions and video and audio distribution.
A design was constructed, addressing the audio visual requirements for Spotless Group Limited’s new St Kilda Road office. The design was based on information provided in documentation in the form of emails, floor plans and elevations. Spotless required the implementation of this project to be completed in a short timeframe.
Through thorough design and careful hardware selection the installation at Spotless is cutting edge and has the ability to grow with the company into the future.
• AMX Control: Regarded as an industry leader in control and automation products, AMX solves the complexity of managing modern technology with reliable, consistent and scalable systems ensuring seamless integration by simplifying the way users interact with their audio visual components. The foyer, combined training rooms and the boardroom all feature AMX control systems , including source, display, video & audio distribution, lighting and videoconferencing control. Custom user interfaces comply with the Spotless branding, including logos and corporate colours. The created and promote uniformity between controls and helped reflect the market position that Spotless hold.
• NEC Commercial Panels: NEC Professional-grade LCD panels meet even the most formidable digital signage and display requirements, the LED direct backlighting allows even distribution of light across the panel, resulting in improved uniformity from bezel-to-bezel. The flexibility of the commercial display panels allowed us to configure displays depending on the intended purpose for each area, some with FTA (free-to-air) tuners for use in communal areas, and others with additional speakers in larger meeting rooms. NEC V651 65” display panel was used in the video conference setup, displaying content and conferencing data, with very high image quality and reliability, but where ultra thin bezels are not essential. This commercial grade model is part of NECs cost-conscious series, while still protected against permanent image retention, with a full selection of inputs allowing you to connect to a wide range of peripheral devices. This high-performance panel has an abundance of advanced technologies that promote extended use, reliability, ethernet and RS-232 communication, allowing for ease in remote monitoring and control. None of these communication and connectivity features are available on a cheaper residential panel nor can they be achieved with prolonged use of a commercial enviornment. 16 x 461UNV panels were utilised in the foyer, creating an image with an almost invisible bezel giving the perceived solution of a single very large display image of 150”.
• Clearone Sound Processing: The reliability, flexibility, and performance of Clearone solutions, create a natural communications environment that saves organisations time and money by enabling effective and efficient communication. InSight Systems utilised the flagship product in ClearOne’s range, the Converge Pro 880. Delivering rich functionality with improved audio performance, enhanced management, and simplified configuration for audio conferencing and sound reinforcement applications. This will alleviate any issues that the previous Spotless boardroom solution faced. The Clearone solution is supported by a Polycom HDX8000 Codec and HD Camera.
• Extron Cabling: InSight Systems utilise Extron cabling through all integration projects where quality is important. This was particulary important for the Spotless project as the video wall and boardrooms are such key areas of the business, they have been classed as mission critical. Extron Electronics warrants that its cable products will be free from defects in material and workmanship for as long as you or your customer owns the cable. Each and every Extron cable is designed and engineered to meet and exceed performance specifications and if, at anytime, the cable fails due to manufacturer defect, Extron will repair or replace the cable to ensure that it meets original performance specifications.
• Crestron Video Processing: Crestron DigitalMedia™ (DM®) is the world’s most evolved system solution for distributing uncompressed, high-definition digital video and audio throughout a home or commercial structure. This is the perfect solution to bring the boardroom video display and distribution components together, and allows for a future proofed solution, and was the only platform at the time offering a proven solution for distributing all digital and analogue signals over one-wire, using one IP address and completely eliminating all HDCP issues.
Written by Adriel Cahir